(ASCEND) dial *out* with Max1800 k56 modems -- not 8 bit clean ? (fwd)

Once upon a time Larry Williamson shaped the electrons to say...
>One other terminal server manufacturer (I forget who, might be
>computone, or maybe digi?) has two ranges of telnet ports that is used
>to get around this problem.  The second range is used when you want a
>"raw" (I guess this means 8 bit clean) tcp connection.

DAMN that gave me mental whiplash.  I hadn't thought of that since I left.

Xylogics (now part of Bay Networks) does that.  I believe the 7000 range is
raw TCP.  But that's reaching back a few years. :-)

-MZ
Phone: 800-458-9966 510-737-2100 FAX: 510-737-2110 megazone@livingston.com
Snail mail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588