(ASCEND) OSPF / 5.0Ap36 / max4000

Hi,

A week back I asked for tips regarding the stability of OSPF on
a max4000 running Ap36.
Well, we switched our backbone ethernet from rip (mixed v1/v2) to OSPF
last friday. Basically it's only area 0 right now, with routes being
injected by several border ciscos via rip v2. Hearing several horror stories
about the reliability and stability of OSPF with the max I was kind of
worried at first...  I'm happy to say that it appears to be running just
fine so far. No spontaneous reboots, no entries in the history log. The same
goes for Ap36, which has been running flawlessly with and without OSPF.
Keep in mind that our network isn't really loaded (10 participating OSPF
routers), so YMMV. I just felt this had to be said... :)

--
Oliver J. Albrecht <oj@nexus.flensbone.net>