(ASCEND) quoting and announcements

I have two points concerning this wonderful list.

I. Don't you guys never learn how to quote a message ?
   Do you always have to quote the signature of the message ?
   Do you have to repeat the whole message and just put a 'Yes, thats right'
   under it ?

Its pain in the ass to read this mailinglist in digest format, half of
the digest are quoted signatures and other stuff.

As Kevin does answer piles of messages I don't care if HE does quote
the whole message ...

And I know sometimes its better to put in the whole message again,
there is a lot of traffic on this list and noone does remember everything.

Do you need these huge signatures ?

II. After an announcement from Kevin about a new release there are two
kind of replys:

- Hey, its not on the WWW/FTP/Gopher/Mailbox Site ... When do I get it ?

or

- Hey, its there, but <insert your favourite Doc/Release file> is missing

Can't you just wait one or two days ? Maybe they are just uploading the
stuff while you are posting ? Sounds like X-mas, mommy, when do we get our
presents ?

I don't want to start a flamewar but after reading about 100 digests I
had to write something to calm me down :)

Thilo
--
thilo@vossnet.de           Thilo Wunderlich              Voss Net GmbH