Re: (ASCEND) quoting and announcements

Thilo Wunderlich <thilo@kirk.vossnet.de> wrote:

>I have two points concerning this wonderful list.

>I. Don't you guys never learn how to quote a message ?
>   Do you always have to quote the signature of the message ?
>   Do you have to repeat the whole message and just put a 'Yes, thats right'
>   under it ?

Basically yes, all the above makes sense. Remember that many people
don't see any threading at all (I do because I pipe the messages into
our Newsserver), so standard usenet quoting would often destroy the
context. The same goes for the signature, sometimes it's nice to
see who was quoted, what company that person is with etc...

>Its pain in the ass to read this mailinglist in digest format, half of
>the digest are quoted signatures and other stuff.

Then don't read the digests. When searching older messages, WWW is
another option (try searching on altavista for +"color.net"
+"ascend-users").

>As Kevin does answer piles of messages I don't care if HE does quote
>the whole message ...

I don't quite get the logic here... :)

--
Oliver J. Albrecht <olli@allcon.net>

AllCon GmbH         Lise Meitner Str. 2        D-24941 Flensburg
EMail: allcon@allcon.net     Tel: +49 461 9992-162     Fax: -165