Re: (ASCEND) tik.m40 working at all?

At 23:46 1997/12/17 -0500, David M. Ramsey wrote:
>We have a Max4048 that spontaneously and randomly reboots, sometimes with:

>to be working fine prior to the reboot -- ISDN calls succeed, K56
>calls succeed, OSPF works.  Then suddenly, poof.

Software +5.0Ap36+
Up: 10:05:50:36
Load: tik.m40

before p36 this box WOULD reset about every other day,
and about once a month OSPF would die but didn't reboot,
now all seems fine.

very simple OSPF, area 0 only with other maxes and ciscos,
the ciscos are redistributing OSPF to other protocols across a WAN
so that in each POP we can have a single OSPF area, only on the LAN.

-Jim H
----
Jim Howard             Sr Network Engineer        Lyceum Internet
jhoward@lyceum.com     http://www.lyceum.com/     404.248.1733

My PGP Public Key: http://www.lyceum.com/~jhoward/pgp-key.txt
Fingerprint: 7E8B E2BA 1314 2535 CB08  CFF9 119B 7CD3 2488 954D