(ASCEND) Ascend 4048 probe to dialups

Our 4048 is sending out a few packets to connected dialup machines every ~5 seconds.  A few of our webphone people are indicating that this bothers their webphone connections.  (obviously no big deal)

But, is this probe normal? And, if so, is there a setting that I could change.

Also, as you know, turning off "enable software compression" in the w95
dial up adapter lowers connection times from ~45 seconds to ~3 seconds.

Because w95 defaults this to ON, it becomes an customer education issue.

Does Ascend have any plans to get around this "problem"

Thank you,

Tim Patterson
@harborside