Re: (ASCEND) K56 and X2

That's bogus. 100%.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Huish <Paul.Huish@onyx.net>
To: ascend-users@bungi.com <ascend-users@bungi.com>
Date: Friday, December 19, 1997 6:54 AM
Subject: (ASCEND) K56 and X2

There was a short article in the computer press here in the UK that said
that the Rockwell K56 consortium had agreed with 3-COM (Owners of USR/X2)
that the common standard should be X2. This will reduce the delay agreeing
an international standard.

Does anyone know anything more about it?
Are Rockwell keeping it quiet as they don't want to admit to dropping K56
in favour of X2??

After loads of patch releases we finally seem to have a version of k56 that
sort of works.
Now we will have to go through more patch releases getting X2 to work on
the MAX.

Is X2 better than K56 ?  From what I had read I thought they performed
about the same.

Paul