(ASCEND) Losing my connection

I have an Ascend Pipeline 50 connecting to a MAX4000 through
a 128k MPP connection.  I'm running 5.1Ap6 on the P50 and
5.0Ap36 on the MAX.

I am frequently losing my connection with this unit.  I am
having trouble determing if the problem is on the telco side
or my equipment side.  I'm confident the problem is not on
my MAX side as I have nearly 75 ISDN connections that run
through there with no problems.

The pipeline is not rebooting.  showfatal gives no information.
However, show isdn from the terminal server does:

PH: ACTIVATED
DL: TEI ASSIGNED  72
DL: TEI ASSIGNED  81
NL: CALL REQUEST: 64K, #8012222
NL: CALL REQUEST: 64K, #8012222
PH: DEACTIVATED
NL: CALL CLEARED/L1 CHANGE  B1
NL: CALL CLEARED/L1 CHANGE  B2

Exactly what do these messages mean, particularly the
PH: DEACTIVATED lines.  Assistance would be greatly appreciated!