(ASCEND) Spare modems in a MAX 4002 how many are useful?

	We are in the process of setting up our first Ascend Max, a 4002.
We currently have only 1 ISDN PRI, but have 6 of 8 modem Max-SL-8MOD-V34
cards.
In order to save on power and heat load, we were considering running with only
3 or 4 of the 8 modem cards (i.e. 24 or 32 modems).  Is this a reasonable
thing to do?  Do the extra modems buy you any thing? (Redundancy in case of
failure
of a card or modem?)  If so what is the optimal number of spares to run
give that we have the 1 ISDN PRI and thus can expect at most 23 modem calls?

Thanks,
Lyle Evans
Blacksburg.net