(ASCEND) Re: (PM) PM-3 <-> Gandalf 5242i

At 05:50 PM 12/29/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Just wondering if anybody out there has any great ideas on the following:
>
>Customer is using a Gandalf 5242i to call our PM3 to establish an ISDN
>connection.
>Customer reports UP followed immediately by DOWN.
>No sign of activity on our side.
>
>I'm thinking that this is probably related to his ISDN setup (switch type,
>spid, etc).
>
>Am I on the right track?

I have used the Gandalf 5242i but only connect back to 5342i not PM3.
However, in the configuration for 5242i, you can specify wheather it
connects to the same type (5242i) or not. To be exact, it will ask:
  "Peer is an equivalent spoofing brouter" and I believe your client should
have no check mark on it.  Also, on the "Authentication Protocol", I
believe your client should use PAP not CHAP.

Hope it helps..

Daniel