(ASCEND) USR I-Modem/Pipe75, this sucks...

Well, I'm stumped.  I cannot establish a working 128k connection into
the I-Modem from the Pipe75.  It would appear my choice of terminal
adapters was wrong, and am now stuck with a 64k connection until I can
find a better solution, aka, buy a router with a WAN port built in to
dial into.  For anyone who has cosidered buying USR I-Modems for inbound
128k connectoins, DON'T DO IT!  THEY'RE AWFUL!  USR even reports they
won't bond a 2nd B for at least 30 seconds after the first is opened.
So I have to wait for some time before even attempting to open the
second connection profile, which only connects to lose my route.  If
ANAYONE out there has managed to get this combo to work successfully,
PLEASE get in touch with me.  I'd like to hang on to this I-Modem for
outbound calls eventually, but right now, I'm forced to deal with it as
it is.

Taylor Blackwell - Technical Support Engineer
taylor@ichat.com - (512)425-2277
ichat - http://www.ichat.com