(ASCEND) Trunk availability throgh SNMP

Hi All,

I need to configure my MAX 4000 to send SNMP Traps to a Sun Station
running HPOV. I tried to use the option under Ethernet > SNMP Traps .
There I configure the MAX as below:

Name=AS04-RIO
Alarm=Yes
Port=Yes
Security=Yes
Comm= xxxxxx
Dest=A.B.C.D

1) Just by enabling this should I start to receive
events ?

2) How to define where these events will be logged in HPOV ?

3) Will they be received as a general event and registered in the Al l
events menu under HPOV ?

My main concern is to be aware of Trunk unavailability by means of a
HPOV alarm !!

I'm using 5.0Ap16 .

Thanks in advance,

Helio Sa                                | Tel  : + 55 21 515-7002
Telecomunications Support Analyst       | Fax  : + 55 21 515-7010
Global One Communications       | emailto: heliosa@br.global-one.net

                http://www.br.global-one.net