Re: (ASCEND) Trunk availability throgh SNMP

> I need to configure my MAX 4000 to send SNMP Traps to a Sun Station
> running HPOV. I tried to use the option under Ethernet > SNMP Traps .
> There I configure the MAX as below:
>
> Name=AS04-RIO
> Alarm=Yes
> Port=Yes
> Security=Yes
> Comm= xxxxxx
> Dest=A.B.C.D

I configured mine much like this and, lo and behold, SunNet Manager
pages me when the T1's go down of when the unit cold starts. I
suspect that HPOV works quite similarly. Certainly your Max setup
is correct.

BTW, I don't recommend SunNet Manager, it's a piece of shit.

-Phil