(ASCEND) A tale of two cities: Connecting two MAX 4000s together?

Greetings!

I'm new to the terminal servers scene in general so hopefully you'll
forgive me if I botch up some terminology or what not.

I currently have two MAX 4000 T1/PRIs in seperate cities. Currently, each
of them are acting as a Point-of-Presence for our dial-up users.  Now, due
to some unforeseen events, the T1 that has connected out main POP with our
remote POP is going down and we will not be able to replace this T1 for a
few weeks.  Which leaves our remote POP stranded with no connection to the
net.

Now, what I am trying to do is allocate two channels from the REMOTE POP's
MAX and have that connect to the MAIN POP's MAX, thus getting a 128k link
between the two sites.  Now is this even possible?  (I don't see why it
wouldn't be).

But more importantly, can someone point me in the right direction?  I've
configured a Trunk on the REMOTE MAX so as to dial up the MAIN MAX (albeit
unsuccessfully, but I doubt that is the hardest part).  Now although I
haven't gotten to this point yet, how would the REMOTE MAX know to route
packets to the MAIN MAX and vice versa?

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Peter