Re: (ASCEND) Software for a pipeline 400

At 09:35 AM 6/4/97 +0100, Aron Bibby wrote:
>On Jun 3, 12:35pm, Kevin Smith wrote:
>> >I have an old 4-bri pipeline 400 that I would like to use
>> >for some mbone cybercast events, it doesn't need mbone
>> >support just the capability of running goood ol regular IP.
>> >
>> >What was the last release that had support for this platform?
>>
>> 4.6Cp22 - on the FTP site still.
>
>On a similar thing - how come (as 4.6C was the last base release for the 400)
>the incrementals didn't cover all 400 models?  Some of us would like i28
>as the closest to 5.0A and although a T1 build was released, no E1 :-(

The reason why some builds were there
and others were not, is due to the fact that we were coming up to the
limit of the P400 resources - the E1 load would not make it past the
integrity test. We also determined that the rest of the P400 "i" loads
would have to be end-of-life as far as support is concerned, and announced
that the 4.6C level is as far as the P400 will go feature-wise.

Typically we support "i" loads until the next full release which incorporates
the features. Since 5.0A was released, the 4.6Ci loads are no longer
recommended. The P400 did not make it to the 5.0A release, so will be
frozen at the 4.6C (+patches) release.

Kevin Smith                              Updated Service and Support
Ascend Communications                    Resources are now at:
                                         http://www.ascend.com/service