(ASCEND) dial up problem with bridging

 Kevin, maybe you can help us with this particular situation or someone
 else who has come across it..

 We are trying to use a max4000 with 2 PRI s in a POP and are running into
 the following problem Network Diagram [Internet] -> [Main Network] ->
 [max1800 (4.6Cp8)] ---Bridged-> [max4000 (4.6C)] <- [Dialup PPP Users]

 Note: The only equipment located in the POP is the max4000 with 2PRI's We
 are using a max 1800 to bridge to our max4000 for use as a POP.  When we
 dial into the max4000 with an analog modem it will authenticate the call
 from our radius server which located in our main office through a bridge
 and connect the call.  It assigns the proper IP address to the modem and
 logs the call.

 However the remote user can not communicate with any system
 except the max4000 and the systems located in our main office can not
 communicate with the modems connected to the max4000.

 Things that do work

 - I can telnet from our main office to the max4000 and communicate with
 the modems from the max4000.  - I can telnet from the modem to the max4000
 and communicate with the systems in our main office.  - If I plug a system
 into the Ethernet on the max4000 I can communicate with it from both the
 modems connected to the max4000 and the computers in the main office.  - I
 can also dial into the max4000 with a terminal connection to our UNIX box,
 which is located in our main office and use shell.  - I can dial into the
 max4000 with a pipeline 50 and can bridge another network through the 50
 -> 4000 -> 1800 -> [main network] with no problems as well.

 Things that do not work

 - I can not communicate from the modem ports on the max4000 to
 any system in the main office or on the Internet.  - I can not communicate
 from any system in our main office or on the Internet to the dialup ports
 on the max4000.  Things to note - The max was previously used in our main
 office for incoming calls and worked perfectly.  - Ethernet/Mod
 Config/Ether Options/Proxy Mode=Active is already set.

 Any help would be appreciated has we have been down for 5 days and our
 clients are not very co-operative.

 Vince