Re: (ASCEND) P75 pots problem

Wkjr wrote:
> I have a P75 which has been in service for several months on a bri
> provisioned as recomended by Ascend to allow an incomming pots call
> to interrupt a B channel if a 128k connection is up.
>
> This has worked perfectly since installation...until now.
>
> Suddenly, the unit does not see ANY incomming calls...whether or not
> a data call is up. I can dial out with no problems....with
> either a data or a pots call on either channel.  But, again, it will
> not show an incomming call!
>
> I have put a USR I-modem on the bri and it works fine...that is, it
> will see and actually ring a phone when called.
>
> The caller just hears a ring as normal.  Even when I bring up a B
> channel to two separate locations, the caller hears a ring.  NOT
> a busy signal, as they should (which until now has been the case).
>
> The phone company swears by not having changed anything in the
> provisioning,(BellSouth territory).
>
> Does this sound like a hardware problem?  I have tried software
> from 4.6C - 5.0Ap10 with the same results. (Has previously been
> working on 5.0A).
>
> It acts like hardware, but I'm perplexed that outgoing calls
> work without a hitch on both data and pots.
>
> Any ideas?

It sounds sort of like the SPIDS are incorrect in the P75.  I have seen
several times when I could simply hook up a P75, and I could make
outbound calls on a National Switch.  Of course inbound calls are being
ignored by the unit.  If the unit has had some changes made, or the
telephone company decided to change things w/o telling you, that might
be the case.

Do a "Show ISDN" at the terminal prompt, and see if it is saying INVALID
SPID.

Wim.