Re: (ASCEND) All users have same profile

At 07:53 AM 6/12/97 -0700, David C. Lyon wrote:
>>At 02:26 PM 6/11/97 -0700, David C. Lyon wrote:
>>>  We use radius-970224 distribution with a Max4000 running 5.0A-ap4.
>>>  In our raddb file, we have a lot of users with the exact same profile,
i.e.

>>>user Password = "password"
>>>  User-Service = Framed-User,
>>>  Framed-Protocol = PPP,
>>>  Framed-Address = 255.255.255.254,
>>>  Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,
>>>  Ascend-Assign-IP-Pool = 1,
>>>  Ascend-Idle-Limit = 900,
>>>  Ascend-Maximum-Channels = 1
>>>
>>>Is there a way to populate the file such that I don't have to repeat the
>>>profile for every user (other than "user Password..."). I looked at the
>>>sample file but don't find anything obvious. Anyone done it?
>>
>>Well maybe not all of it. But for items like max channels and idle limit,
>>etc, you can use the answer menu and select use answer as default=y.
>>
>Where might I find documentation on this? Our CD Doc does not include the
>"use answer as default" menu item. Would I set the IP Pool, Idle limit and
>Max channels on the MAX.

Go to the answer menu, check out all the parameters you can set. Here you
can change the default way the Max answers calls. If you want to make any
of these the new default, set Use Answer as Default=Yes.

Here is a cut and paste from the reference manual.

Use Answer as Default
override the factory default Internet profile when the MAX validates an
incoming call using RADIUS or TACACS.

Usage: Specify Yes or No. No is the default.
Yes instructs the MAX to use the Answer profile for default values.
No means the MAX uses the factory default Internet profile instead.

Example: Use Answer as Default=Yes

Matt Holdrege  -  http://www.ascend.com  -  matt@ascend.com