Re: (ASCEND) Radius Accounting Problem

We tried for several weeks to get the USR Total Control to work with Ascend's
radius daemon.  Never happened.

We even had USR techs down on three different occasions, they couldn't do it
either.

My guess is that the USR TC doesn't understand some of the Ascend extensions,
and rather than ignore them, chokes on them.

We didn't want to distrupt our users, but we could have tried a generic
Livingston radius implementation, and see if we could get the Ascend and
the TC to authenticate.

Good luck.

-Rob

--
Robert A. Pickering Jr.                Internet Services Manager
Cincinnati Bell Telephone              rob@fuse.net

           A Rough Whimper of Insanity (Information Superhighway)

PGP key ID: 75CAFF7D 1995/05/09
PGP Fingerprint: B1 63 0C 09 D8 2E 5D 69  BB 61 A2 92 22 37 63 C3