Re: (ASCEND) o's in PRI display

On Jun 17,  2:31pm, Kevin Smith wrote:
> >Physically disconnecting the PRI, waiting a few seconds, and reconnecting
> >it fixes it every time.
>
> AHA, big clue there!
>
> Does this work 100% every time, and the o's problem is also 100% reproducible
> when only power-cycling ?
>
> The network in the meantime *never* saw the PRI go down because of the
> power-cycle loop-back, so continues to process calls as if nothing had
> happened. So, since the CO *never* sends the "restart" to the P400, the
> channels stay in the "o" state....our software however figures that if
> a call is presented, we should still answer it - the network must know
> best ;)...and those channels will go back "in service" as a result. The
> rest still stay in the "o" state waiting for that "restart", or a "wake-up"
> call...

I'm seeing a very similar problem with my Max-E1 (in all 5.0A p releases)

We recently added a DASS 2 line, and according to the Line Status,
everything is peachy, but upon calling the line, the MAX replies
that no channels are available, although all 30 channels are free.

Removing the line [pysically] for a few seconds and replacing it fixed the
problem.  As does performing a LB Test from the 20-200 Line Diag menu.

Unfortunately, I was told Ascend don't support the DPNSS signalling
I use, so it ain't never gonna be fixed :-/

Aron
--
                   Aron Bibby ************** Tel  : +44 (0)117 922 9604
    Computer Network Services ****     *****