Re: (ASCEND) Re: MAX Java Configurator confounder

        Jason said:

>Unix Slob? Eh.. Hmm. Dark Ages? hmmm. Maybe you just run N.T. cause your
>just not smart enough to learn UNIX?

        Oh dear, let's not get nasty about OSes.  Anyway, Randy
        said "SNOB", not "slob", and I must admit to being a bit
        of a "Unix Snob".  (I also like MGs and Volvos better
        than American cars, so one can see that my logic is
        consistent, even though it may be faulty.)

        Now I'm sorry I added my comment about Unix.
        I was talking about Java, guys, JAVA!!!

        One thing I have noticed in my many moons in this
        business is that my artist friends never have heated
        arguments over which brand of paintbrush is "best",
        but any two technologists will come to blows over
        even minor points.  This is why I cannot invite many
        of my techie friends to the more fashionable parties
        here at "Little House On The Internet".

>Maybe you took LD classes? Maybe you struggled your way through class.
>Maybe you even bought Windows for Dummies?

        Ouch.  Hey, be nice. Hey, I have said for years that Unix >>IS<<
        user-friendly, but it is somewhat choosy about who it makes
        friends with.

        Kiss and make up now, this is a business built more on
        cooperation, standards, and sharing than on software.

        I would rather lose my entire set of Unix source masters
        than lose the open and friendly resources like this list!!!

Don't worry about "doing things right", focus on "doing the Right Thing".

james fischer                                jfischer@supercollider.com