(ASCEND) Sportster/Max interoperability

Hello list,
	We are seeing connect rates of only 14.4 from US Robotics 28.8
	Sportsters into a MAX running 4.6Bp26.  Yes, I know the rev is old.
	I have not found anything in the archives relating to this problem.
	Is this a know problem with the Sportsters?  I would like to solve
	this as we have quite a number of these Sportsters out.  Other modems
	will connect at 28.8 on this same MAX.

	Thanks,
	Loren Wilson
	lwilson@fc.hp.com

Relevant modem information:

ati3
Sportster 28800/Fax V6.0

ati7
Configuration Profile...

Product type           US/Canada External
Options                V32bis,V.FC,V.34
Fax Options            Class 1/Class 2.0
Clock Freq             20.16Mhz
Eprom                  256k
Ram                    32k

Supervisor date        11/30/94