Re: (ASCEND) Sportster/Max interoperability

At 12:15 PM 6/23/97 MDT, Loren Wilson wrote:

>Hello list,
>	We are seeing connect rates of only 14.4 from US Robotics 28.8
>	Sportsters into a MAX running 4.6Bp26.  Yes, I know the rev is old.
>	I have not found anything in the archives relating to this problem.
>	Is this a know problem with the Sportsters?  I would like to solve
>	this as we have quite a number of these Sportsters out.  Other modems
>	will connect at 28.8 on this same MAX.

Rockwell did do a lot of performance enhancement with USR modems just prior
to the release of 5.0A MAX software, so I would recommend getting onto the
5.0A branch...either latest "p" release, or an "i" release.

Just for reference I have a Sportster 28.8 external which connect reliably
at 28800 into a MAX which *was* running 5.0Ap4....and now is running 5.0Ap6
- with K56flex modems installed.

Kevin