Re: (ASCEND) 5.0Apx problems...

Darkshot wrote:

> What's happening now, is on both sites, you won't be authenticated if
> you have the WIndows Post-Dial terminal screen enabled. Same for
> Win95.
> We don't use the PD screen, but many users have it turned on from when
>
> they were with other ISP's, and it will NOT let you log in until you
> turn it off. I suspect that the upgrade changed something in the
> Maxens
> authentication but I haven't found it yet.
>
> Other than that, both sites are in their usual rock-steady form, and
> we've already seen some 48-50Kbps connects on the FLEX-equipped PoP.
>
> The new 5.0 level software has solved MANY slow connect problems that
> were caused by marginal phone lines. I'm connected at 28.8 from home
> now, and 24000 was the best I'd ever gotten before, out here in the
> boonies. ;-)
>
> Any ideas on this PD terminal problem?

  I had exactly the same problem yesterday on both a TNT and Max 4000. I
was batiing my head against the wall until someone pointed out that I
was using a local profile on both boxes. In the post dial window you
could log in if you typed "ppp" and then clicked continue. If the Max
sees you sending PAP authenticate requests it'll bypass the terminal
server and do PPP directly.

We couldn't find a way to get around this. The only option (sort of) I
can think of is to come up with a login script, associate it with the
dialer and try getting the user to click continue as soon as the window
comes up.

Andrew