Re: (ASCEND) Ascend QA gone downhill?

>>+ MAX 4004 fried a dm12 after s/w upgrade (BTW, took over a week to get a
>>new one)
>
>Weird, how did a software upgrade "fry" hardware ?

You tell me. All six cards worked with 4.6c. I upgraded to 4.6ci26 (the
latest available at the time), and one of the cards disappeared. Ascend
tech support didn't believe me either. They insisted on telneting into the
MAX before resigning, and issuing an RMA -- which was promptly lost, hence
the week delay. The replacement card plugged right in and worked
immediately.

>>+ P75 with DOA ethernet
>>
>>+ P130 w/DOA ethernet
>>
>>+ 2 P130's with bad flash (won't take any upgrade, stuck at 4.6c)
>
>This is not the "fat" loads problem I assume ? Are these being upgraded
>via tftp ?

As it turns out (sheepish grin), one (1) of the memory problems turned out
to be the "upgrade to 5.0a first, then 5.0ai10" problem. However, the other
is really fried. Even a simple fclear returns an error. Unfortunately,
Ascend won't ship a replacement (unless we pay $500), so I'm trying to
figure out how to keep the customer up, while their unit is shipped away
for 10 days.

Jon