Re: (ASCEND) Wierd...

At [Fri, 6 Jun 1997 17:19:22 -0400 (EDT)] Jason Nealis <nealis@babylon.erols.com> wrote:

nealis> I wipe the pipeline and load a config, Without the firewall in
nealis> there and it works fine. Could it be the with quake you get a
nealis> steady flow packets and maybe the Secure Access may be
nealis> bogging down the CPU in doing a access table look-up or something,
I've always suspected that high trafic/high quantity of packets would
make the Pipe50/75 melt with the firewall installed specially if you
have compression turned on too.  Out local Ascend reseller was support
to send us a firewall to try and this on but it never happened....

I'm kinda against selling the forewall until I can prove that if I stand
my coffee on a P75 and then hammer the router(with compression on) the
Pipe isn't going to have the added advantage of keeping my coffee warm
or making the lights in my office dim :)

--
|  Darran Rimron, Consultant, Rimron Design & Consultancy  |
| http://www.rimron.co.uk       mailto:darran@rimron.co.uk |