Re: (ASCEND) Pipeline 25 ISDN 'Speach call'

On Sat, 7 Jun 1997, Steve Camas wrote:
> > Yes.  In telco options select voice for the call type.  I have
> > tested DOV using this into a PM3 with CT1 and it works great,
> > albeit only a 56k connection.
> OK - in my Pipeline 25, there's no option for 'call type'.  Is this
> because I am running 4.6b or is it because the P25 simply doesn't have it?

Under Main Edit Menu->20-000 Ethernet->20-100 Connections->(one of the
profiles)->Telco options... you should see something like the following:

320-103                        3
3 Telco options...             3
3 >AnsOrig=Both                3
3  Callback=No                 3
3  Exp Callback=No             3
3  Data Svc=Voice              3  <--- this is it
3  Force 56=N/A                3
3  Bill #=                     3

i can't imagine that it's not in your software revision, but if you don't
have that option, 5.0 does support it on the |25 classic at least.

> On another note, this P25 was given to me by someone and they don't know
> the PW.  I'm sorry for bringing up that which has been discussed a million
> times (I pretty much ignored all the other emails about forgetting
> passwords 'cos I didn't have that problem -- doh!).
>
> In this case, I didn't forget the pw - I never had it. :-) Is there a
> trick to get this thing back to factory defaults that does not include
> soldering irons, blow torches, or big hammers?

Yes.

> Actually, IM(ns)HO, there should be a key sequence that can be used from
> the console port on this puppy to do this.  I think it's always a safe bet
> to allow someone at the console into a machine - no?

Right, but you didn't design it.

If the profile you're in has field service access, and you have images
for two different old versions of the firmware, you can xmodem-upload one
and then the other to clear out all the settings.

Otherwise, you'll have to disconnect power, open it up, jumper the debug
jumper, reconnect power, use the debug monitor to clear out the nvram and
flash and upload new code to it, disconnect power, take out the debug
jumper, and reconnect power.