Re: (ASCEND) Connnecting with USR sporter voice 33.6

> Olivier PRENANT wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've several custommers using USR sporter voice to connect to my MAX
> > runnig 5.0Ap5.
> >
> > They don't seem to connect at full speed. They in, fact blocked somewhere
> > aroud 28.8 K
> >
> > What can I do ?
>
> Analog speeds above 28.8 and W95 are not possible on the MAX.
>
> At least, thats our experience, and so far I have not seen
> any one else with different experience.

We certainly have a large number of customers getting 31.2 and 33.6
connects to Max4000s running 5.0Ap4.

We do get a lot of complaints from Motorola 3400 users and USR
Sportster any flavour users about difficulties with negotiations and
sudden line drops, but the bulk of our users are not experiencing such
severe problems. It could be a lot better, but it's certainly not
impossible to achieve 33.6 with USR Sportster Voice, Win95 and a
Max4000.

--
Jim Segrave           jes@demon.net