Re: (ASCEND) Connnecting with USR sporter voice 33.6

Tim Patterson wrote:

> Olivier PRENANT wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've several custommers using USR sporter voice to connect to my MAX
> > runnig 5.0Ap5.
> >
> > They don't seem to connect at full speed. They in, fact blocked somewhere
> > aroud 28.8 K
> >
> > What can I do ?
>
> Analog speeds above 28.8 and W95 are not possible on the MAX.
>
> At least, thats our experience, and so far I have not seen
> any one else with different experience.
>
> Tim Patterson
> @harborside.com
> >
> > Thanks in advance

If what you're talking about is connect speed, which is what it seems
Olivier PRENANT was talking about, then we USUALLY see 31.2 connects
from our 33.6 users, as long as they are not absolutely in the boonies
out here. Pretty much everyone in the city limits of the towns we
serve gets 31.2, and download speeds consistent with that rate.

This has been the case ever since 5.0 code. Prior to 4.6bi28 we never
ever saw 31.2 on our PRI-based PoPs, but a downstream provider of
ours used to get 31.2 from time to time over CT1s, with 4.6bi12, and
when our CT1 PoP went up, we got calls from users thanking us for the
31.2 connect speeds- they had never seen them before. Moving to 5.0xxx
code brought in 31.2 for just about everyone.

'Shot