(ASCEND) P75 POTS noise

I'm having trouble with a P75 making a screeching noise on the line
when using the POTS ports. Local TelCo is checking out their part of
it, and I checked the mail list archive. I found the following:

>> Has anyone had problems with a very high pitched noise
>> problem on the P75 POTS ports?  When I pick up the
>> receiver (on either port) I hear it for just a fraction
>> of a second, and then it goes away with the dial tone
>> appearance. (At least on my end)...
>>
>> But the receiver of the call hears it the entire time..
>> In fact, so bad that they usually can't continue the
>> call.  Anyone else had this problem??

The above note mirrors my situation. Answers all seemed to be "RMA
the unit, get a replacement." Is this still the procedure or has
anyone found a less drastic solution? It's running 5.0Ai10.

Danny Williams
Caldwell Trust Company
Venice, Florida   USA
mailto:danny@ctrust.com