(ASCEND) Livingston Office Router Problem... (fwd)

Once upon a time Earl Wallace shaped the electrons to say...
>even then it's the LAN Address that is used to authenticate the session.
>The problem appears to be that the Ascend is either not seeing the hostname
>from the OR-U or the OR-U is not sending the name.  This results in a

It could be that the location table in the OR is misconfigured.

>fine without having to do this.  I called Livingston (ticket # 038841) and
>they think it should work fine.  I have since called Livingston several

It does - we have people with the same situation working fine.

>To get this customer up, I loaned them an Ascend P50 while I work on their
>OR-U problem.  This customer tried this OR-U with an ISP who had a PM-3
>and of course it worked just fine.

On the OR-U, try this:

'set console'
'set debug 0x51'

Then 'dial [location]'

This is a dial and PPP debug - you can decipher the debug with chapter 19 of
our config guide, or send the log (save it from the terminal) to support here.

'set debug 0x0'
'reset console'

when you are done.

Of course, do this with the local setup in the MAX off - you want to see the
problem after all.  I bet it is something in the PPP negotiation that is
failing, possible due to an error in the OR's location entry.

-MZ
Phone: 800-458-9966 510-737-2100 FAX: 510-737-2110 megazone@livingston.com
Snail mail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588