Re: (ASCEND) sot busy-out

On Tue, 24 Jun 1997, Pete Stemwedel wrote:

> Is there a way to perform what would be known on a USR as a soft busy-out
> on a Max 4002 running 5.0Ap5?  I tried disabling the modems the other day
> as the Max T1/PRI doc suggested and it didn't really seem to busy out the
> channel.  Thanks,

I have to take the offending modem off line AND flag a channel as "unused"
rather than "switched" on my 4004.  Gets me a call from the telco people
after a few weeks.  I have one bad modem on one of my Maxen, but I'm going
to wait to get the new cards rather than RMA the sucker.

If there's a more elegant solution I'm open for suggestions.

		Dale