Re: (ASCEND) Callback Problem

My experience with this particular problem is that it's intermittent,
making it all the more fun to isolate.  When I run into it, a subsequent
call may succeed just fine, or I may get 10 attempts in a row that
fail.  I can leave it alone for 10 minutes and it may work then or it
may not - I've never been able to establish a pattern.

Someone from Ascend posted to this list a few weeks ago saying he
thought there was an closed (i.e., fixed) trouble ticket with this
problem description, but that's about as much as I remember about his
post.  I *think* I remember him saying it was fixed somewhere near the
time frame of 5.0Ap4 or p5 or something like that, but it doesn't sound
like it from these reports.

Fwiw, my config: Max 4000 running 4.6Bp30 (and the problem started a
long, long time before that release).  Authentication is via radius -
I've never gotten around to removing that from the equation to see if
the behavior changes.  100+ remote P50s/P75s are running everything from
4.4 to 5.0...

Regards,

John Day,  jcday@garlic.com (aka jcday@almaden.ibm.com)