(ASCEND) Autentication after network down

I have a max4004 5.0Ap3.

The frame-relay connection to that max has been flakey for a couple of
days (periodic outages for 5-10 minutes).  Sometimes, after these
outages, users are faced with "Remote Authentication server timeout."
when trying to get in.

Is this related to the recent discussion about going to the next
authentication server after an error?  In my case, I only have one
server. (Ugh).  I have tried entering its address in one, two, and all
three of the slots, but it doesn't seem to help.

Are there any ideas of how to recover from this?  Rebooting works, but
that's harsh to the twenty or more users that _are_ already on-line and
working?

|                    Lee Nelson                      |
|                  lnelson@e-z.net                   |
|            http://www.e-z.net/~lnelson             |
|         System Administrator, E-Z.Net Inc.         |
|                  (360)260-1122                     |
|          209 NE 120th Ave. Suite B                 |
|               Vancouver, WA  98684                 |