(ASCEND) Re: Upgrade

At 04:38 PM 5/7/97 -0700, Michael Medwid wrote:
>     Kevin,
>
>     An Ascend engineer in Canada seems to think that the i series of
>     software only supports Max 4xxx's with 56kb modems and claims there's
>     no support for the Max 200.  You would not agree..correct?  The i
>     series should fix the problem of the pcA incompatibility, work with a
>     Max 4004 with standard 28.8/33.6 modems and there's a version for the
>     Max 200 as well.  Max 200 support is specified in the readme.
>
>     ftp://ftp.ascend.com/pub/Software-Releases/Max/Incremental/Release-5.0
>     Ai10/

OK, since I've probably caused most, if not all of this confusion...:

5.0Ap6 contained the fix for this problem for all MEXen (except the 1600)
*but*
failed regression testing, only the 56K loads have been made available on
the FTP site. Other loads *may* be available by contacting tech support to
see if the failure-mode would effect your setup. BUT we do expect a fix for
these
problems too in the next patch load scheduled for next week. I would recommend
waiting.

5.0Ai10 does not see the problem -  *none* of the "i" releases had the
problem, so this *is* an option *IF* you can run "i" releases on your units.
***Including the MAX200+*****

4.6Dp3 is the fix for the MAX1600 platform.

Kevin Smith                              Updated Service and Support
Ascend Communications                    Resources are now at:
                                         http://www.ascend.com/service