(ASCEND) PRI<->T1 conversion and Drop and Insert on Max

I have some questions for you on the D&I and PRI<->T1 conversion
capabilities on the Max.

I want to peal off some channels from an incoming PRI to go to a
PBX or a channel bank. Our Max has the PRI<->T1 software
but the manual says you need to have a Net/T1 expansion
module installed.  Is that true and does that mean we can't use
the PRI<->T1 conversion with the built-in T1 ports?

Second, if we got a PBX that supported a PRI interface, can we then
use the Drop-and-Insert capability and not use the PRI<->T1 conversion
at all?

Assuming we get a PBX that can support a DS1 interface only (not PRI), and
we could use the PRI<->T1 conversion, how does the second T1 behave...
That is, it comes out of the Max on the 2nd line through the CSU, so do
we need a CSU on the PBX end?

If we can use the PRI<->T1 conversion, does it pass Caller-ID information
onto the PBX via the T1 voice channels?  The manual vaguely says that
Caller-ID information is not passed on but is not totally clear on it, it
does say that DNIS is passed on is that true?

	Thanks,

		Tom
--------
Internet Engineering Group              www.ieng.com
122 S. Main St. Suite 280               313.669-8800 voice
Ann Arbor, MI 48104                     313.669-8661 fax