Re: (ASCEND) Connection Rate Ratio

At 05:24 PM 5/9/97 -0500, John Coy wrote:
>Well, here's some more data (just because I thought this
>thread was interesting).
>
>I'm running this from an Ascend MAX 4004 (12-mod cards).
>Using PRIs from SWB in Arkansas.
>
>     Speed   Count  % of total
>     ----------------------
>     64000:   2302 ( 4.53%)
>     56000:     12 ( 0.02%)

Since the above are obviously not modem connects, the rest of
these %ages would be slightly higher if you are doing a modem
connect speed ratio...

>     33600:    422 ( 0.83%)
>     31200:   2179 ( 4.29%)
>     28800:  12488 (24.60%)
>     26400:  15312 (30.16%)
>     24000:   7679 (15.13%)
>     21600:   1272 ( 2.51%)
>     19200:    399 ( 0.79%)
>     16800:     35 ( 0.07%)
>     14400:   7748 (15.26%)
>     12000:    357 ( 0.70%)
>      9600:    193 ( 0.38%)
>      7200:      8 ( 0.02%)
>      4800:     36 ( 0.07%)
>      2400:    306 ( 0.60%)
>      1200:     13 ( 0.03%)
>       300:      3 ( 0.01%)
>
>Lower connect speeds are probably due to the fact
>that we use a 'telebranch' (remote call forwarding)
>service to bring traffic from remote areas to our
>primary POPs.

...and your customers "understand" this... :) ?

Kevin Smith                              Updated Service and Support
Ascend Communications                    Resources are now at:
                                         http://www.ascend.com/service