Re: (ASCEND) Free 56k upgrade

On Fri, 9 May 1997, Kevin Smith wrote:

> Well we have been implementing the upgrade via the 888 number listed in the
> getflex information. Others on the list may be able to provide you with a
> sales/reseller contact...

Yes, I filled out the forms today. Also got the serial numbers off my modem
cards. Total of 12.

All 12 of the cards we got initially had serial numbers over 642XXXX.
However, in December96 we had one of the 2 MAXs die, and we had it RMA'd
the modems in the unit that came back had refurbs with lower serial
numbers. Later in March97  we had one of these refurb modem cards die, and
had them RMA'd for a new one with a much higher & longer serial number
(709101281).

So now I'm left with 7 modems with a serial number higher than 642XXXX, and
5 that are below. These units were part of the MAX-UP program.

When I called after faxing the GetFlex form, New PO, Original Invoice, and
documentation to detail the RMAs I called to make sure they recieved
everything. They indicated that everything was great exept that the
orginal invoice shows the 2 maxs being shipped out on 10/22/96, they
wern't sure if this was a problem or not. I'm assuming it will not be a
problem since the qualifications for the program are clearly indicated at
http://www.ascend.com/getflex.html as follows:

	The modems in MAX or MAX TNT equipment that was purchased and
	shipped from Ascend after November 1, 1996, are included in this
	upgrade program. Qualifying modem serial numbers are greater than
	or equal to 642XXXX. Equipment shipped under the MAX-Up Program
	also is considered qualified equipment.

So to re-count, all of my orginal modem cards had serial numbers above
6420000, I was a participant in the MAX-UP program, but the original invoice
indicated that the hardware was shipped out on October 22nd.

Anyway they inidcated that they would contact me if there were any problems,
otherwise I'm to wait until the 56k modems arrive.

I hope I'm not penalized for having to replace faulty equipment.

> Kevin Smith                              Updated Service and Support
> Ascend Communications                    Resources are now at:
>                                          http://www.ascend.com/service

  Zachariah D. Johnson          Work Phone: 1(916)757-8070
  Network Engineer              Home Phone: 1(916)759-0231
  mother.com                    Voice Mail: 1(916)757-8082 Ext. #11
  P.O. Box 4466                 I-net Mail: zjohnson@mother.com
  Davis, CA 95617-4466          WWW: http://www.mother.com/~zjohnson