Re: (ASCEND) MAX and RIPv2

> I have noticed that MAX uses broadcast addresses for sending RIPv2
> updates.
> It looks like MAX does not use multicast at all for RIPv2.
> This causes a lot of problems in networks with ciscos - MAX does not
> recieve
> updates from ciscos. Do I need any special rip configuration from
> cisco's side?
> Or I am missing something in MAX settings?
> And what are the differences between cisco and ascend implementation of
> RIPv2?

I reportted this as a bug shortly after they put RIPv2 unto the Maxen and
Pipelines, and I didn't get back anything useful.

I wish they'd at least _listen_ to 224.0.0.9 if not send to it. Then at
least they wouldn't miss important updates. Sending on the broadcast
address is less of a problem, everyone who needs to picks it up anyway
(plus more!)

-Phil