Re: (ASCEND) MAX-->CISCO ISDN connexion

At 11:17 AM 5/13/97 +0200, David Ramahefason wrote:
>hi,
>
>Does anyone know how to build a chap connexion between a
>MAX 4000 and a CISCO 250XX. The connexion can't be unumbered and
>that's my prob.
>How do I have to set up the radius profile for this connexion ?

See the FAQ item #6a for some hints on this, and if it is still unclear
then let us know.

>And the other probs, is if I set Eithet in the encaps option (instead of
>PAP or CHAP), some of our ISDN customers can't log in anymore.....

Probably the infamous CHAP/RADIUS/UNIX conflict....?

>Tought
>Either meant PAP, CHAP or None ..... am I wrong ?

No, either means PAP or CHAP. It will cause the MAX to suggest CHAP first
(most secure), and if rejected by the remote side, will offer PAP. If that
is also rejected, it will clear the call.

Kevin Smith                              Updated Service and Support
Ascend Communications                    Resources are now at:
                                         http://www.ascend.com/service