(ASCEND) Does your Radius daemon die?

Greetings,

>We have occasional problems that our radiusd process disappears unexpectedly.
>Once or twice a month for some systems.

I have two max 4000hp's that will kill "ALL" the radius2.0 servers on bootup.
These radius servers are running on both SGI and FreeBSD. One max is 4.6i26 and
the other 5.0p5.

This is repeatable, time and time again. I've gotten to the point that I
disconnect the eithernet cable before I power one of them up.

Each server syslogs a signal 11 which I believe is a hangup.

I'm running Livingston 2.0 radius server modified to use msql for
authentication. Livingston and Ascend dictionaries have been merged.

Platforms are Irix 5.3 and FreeBSD 2.2.

Ideas anyone?