RE: (ASCEND) CRC 4

On Wednesday, May 14, 1997 3:59 AM, German Martinez
[SMTP:German.Martinez@globalone.net] wrote:
> I have two ascend Max 4000, installed in Cali (Colombia).  They have
> installed 8E1s PRI.  In the beginnig, these guys were connected
> directly to Siemens Swicht EWSD (they are installed inside of Local
> Telco).  Now the ports are being carried from another switch (same type)
> thru an SDH system.  This SDH system doesnt support CRC-4 but Ascend has
> it active.  Can I disable CRC-4?

In the line config, g.703 vs. 2DS is the selection of CRC-4 on or off. I am
not sure at this exact moment which is which, but just swap is over. We
have multiple telcos, and it is the switch configuration - not the SDH
system that imposes this. (He hopes).

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy