Re: (ASCEND) MAX 4000 rebooting with fatalhistory reporting Index 185

At 09:28 AM 5/12/97 -0400, Davar, Vikram wrote:
>Hi,
>
>We have been seeing some strange occurrences with our MAX 4000 running
>4.6Bp26 in that it is seen to periodically reboot. A fatalhistory
>display in debug mode shows 4 to 6 occurrences of a WARNING: Index: 185
>error with a memory location and then a SYSTEM IS UP Index:100 message.
>
>Has anyone seen a similar occurrence? What exactly does an Index: 185
>warning point to?

Warning 185 indicates that the Spyder ship posted an error (HDLC controller).

This in itself does not cause a reset though...there may have been other
causes for the reset. There were some resets with no Fatal Errors fixed
in the 4.6B branch by 4.6Bp28....the latest version in that branch is
4.6Bp31.

NOTE: the 4.6B branch does not include support for the new K56flex
modems.

Kevin Smith                              Updated Service and Support
Ascend Communications                    Resources are now at:
                                         http://www.ascend.com/service