Re: (ASCEND) Max200+ and 5.0A

On Tue, 20 May 1997, Sakari Aaltonen wrote:

> A week ago, I upgraded to 5.0A and couldn't get a connection.
> The log at the other - calling - end indicated that the 5.0A
> software was not responding to IPCP requests in the way the older
> version did.
>
> Has anyone similar experiences with the 5.0A software? If it

No, not the same ones. For me, connections with 5.0A worked fine, but the
trouble was when the remote device hung up the Ascend didn't recognize
this, and thus didn't delete the temporary routes. I managed to make the
MAX200+ believe he has got 10 channels open to the remote device
although it had only one BRI interface :-)
This problem was solved after upgrading to 5.0Ap7.

> Another question: can the 5.0A finally do callbacks without
> (first) answering?

No, I didn't manage that.
Very poor...

Greetings,