(ASCEND) Re: Ascend dial-up networking trouble

James_Scarborough@ascend.com wrote:

> Greetings from Ascend Tech Support!  I have been informed that you are
> seeing strange behavior in your dial-up connections.  Specifically, it
> appears you are having difficulty with an after dial terminal window.  Can
> you tell me more about what is happening and how I can reproduce it here?
> Does it happen on just '95 or also NT?  Any other information you could
> provide would also be helpful in troubleshooting this issue.  Thanks and
> hope to hear from you soon.
>
> -James, Ascend Communication Tech Support

Thanks, James. Ivan from Ascend helped me sort this out, although
neither he nor I understand how it was working before. ;-)

I had the TS security set to "None" as all my users are "supposed" to
not have the post-dial window. Some of them DO, however, and before
the upgrade to 5.0Ax, they could just click on "continue" at the PD
window and it worked fine. After the upgrade, the MAX refused to start
a PPP session then- but if the "continue" button was clicked immediate-
ly, it worked fine. Weird.

We set the TS security to "Full", and although my users with the PD
windows are a little confused now, at least they're getting on.

Thanks for checking up on us; I will CC this to the user-list.

'Shot