(ASCEND) Re: Pipeline 50-ISDN Link

At 10:47 AM -0700 5/21/97, owner-ascend-users-digest@max.bungi.com wrote:
>From: Dave Stubblefield <dstubble@techni.com>
>Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 12:28:22 -0500
>Subject: (ASCEND) Pipeline 50-ISDN Link
>
>I have 2 Pipeline 50s with a 2B+1D bri at each site.

[Deletia]

>When I unplugged the cable from the BRI
>port and plugged it back in the remote P50 saw the ISDN circuit and the
>host P50 could establish a call.

[Deletia]

>A call could not be
>established between the host P50 and the remote P50. The cable is
>unplugged from the BRI port and plugged back in and a call is
>established between the 2 P50s. This happens most mornings but not all.
>
>The phone company has tested the circuit clean using the cable on the
>remote site at least twice. I have been able to connect to the host P50
>from other sites everytime. Thus eliminating a problem at the host site.
>
>Does anyone have some suggestions ?

No suggestions.  But if you find a solution, let me know.

I experience the exact same thing with a classic P25 at my home site, while
a P50 at a hub site goes for hundreds of days without a problem.  Both
units are running some version of 4.6 software.

I've also exhausted my options with the phone company.  Luckily for me, it
only happens, like clockwork, every two weeks.  I suspect it's related to
some kind of test or system reset that the phone company does that the
pipelines don't gracefully recover from.

Steve Sergeant                   SteveSgt@torrent.sj.ca.us.nospam
[Remove the ".nospam" at the end of my address to send me mail.]
I am  available to  assist marketers,  spammers, and other  mass-
mailers to  remove me  from their  mailing lists.   My rates  are
$1,000 per incident, payable upon receipt of your message.