RE: (ASCEND) Line Usage statistics

When you state that you want to track the utilization of a T1, do you mean the channels utilization or actually the aggregated link utilization. There is a big difference.

If you are trying to determine when you are running out of channels then channel utilization is what you want. Determine this by querying the variable:

wanLineActiveChannels OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX  INTEGER
        ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS  mandatory
        DESCRIPTION
          "The number of active ds0 channels of the line."
       ::= { wanLineEntry 7 }
from the ascend private WAN.MIB

Ken Packert
Network Management Division