(ASCEND) ATMP timeout problem

Fellow Ascenders,

Has anyone seen this before?

We are currently experimenting with ATMP in gateway mode. We are
experiencing a problem whereby after the tunnel has been
created/established the session is pulled down between 20 and 22 seconds
later (every time a coconut).

RADIUS profile for the dialled-in user is:

user-id Password = "XXXXX"
        User-Service = Framed-User,
        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
        Framed-Routing = None,
        Framed-Address = 192.168.50.XXX,
        Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,
        Ascend-Idle-Limit = 3600,
        Ascend-Client-Assign-DNS = 1,
        Ascend-Client-Primary-DNS = X.X.X.X,
        Ascend-Client-Secondary-DNS = X.X.X.X,
        Ascend-Preempt-Limit = 0,
        Ascend-Home-Agent-IP-Addr = 192.168.51.2,
        Ascend-Home-Agent-Password = "xxxxxxxx",
        Ascend-Home-Network-Name = "Tunnel",
        Ascend-Home-Agent-UDP-Port = 5150

Nothing will passes over the tunnel during the 20 seconds that the PPP
session is up for, well not that I can see!

I do *not* have a route to the network on the end of the connection
profile "Tunnel". This is becuase I understand that when running in
gateway mode the Home Agent (de-tunnelling MAX) will receive a packet
from the client down the tunnel, strip the GRE stuff off, and push it
straight down the "Tunnel" connection profile (in my case an FR PVC)
without looking at the routing table. Of course the router on the other
end of the FR PVC has a reverse route back to the MAX. BTW - this
gateway mode, when its working will be great. Why doesn't L2TP have
this?

Are there any 'debug' (esp. ATMP debug) commands I can turn on to see
why the tunnel is being dragged down?
Does anybody know why 20secs should be so relevant?

TIA

Ben Martel - benm@symmetric.co.nz