(ASCEND) Max4000 and Hybrid Access

I'm trying to clarify my understanding of Hybrid Access and the 32-port
HDLC card, on the Max 4004.  Any correction of misinformation here, or
clarification, would be helpful.

1. I understand that there are a limited number (64) of HDLC channels
on the basic Max 4004, and that I need to add the 32-port HDLC card to
be able to use all of the PRI channels in even three PRIs, let alone
four.  Is this all that the Hybrid Access96 option is?  A package that
includes the card?  Or do you need the Hybrid Access96 option *and*
the HDLC card?

2. Does a voice call that's routed to a modem use an HDLC channel?
For example, if I have three PRIs into a 4004, and one of the PRIs is
handling nothing but analog calls, do I need the HDLC card or Hybrid
Access96 to handle nothing but digital calls on the other two PRIs?

I'm aware of the alleged performance issues in having more than two
PRIs on a 4004, and I'm not concerned about whether this arrangement
is actually a good idea; I'm just trying to find out what I need to
make it work at this point.

Thanks!

--
Bruce Robertson, President/CEO