(ASCEND) Max, pri problems

Hi,

We have a max, with 2 pri's, NFAS, ESF, B8ZS, NTI.  The first T1 has the D
channel and there is no backup secondary D channel.  We get calls coming in
alright on the first pri, but nothing on the second.  I checked with the
Telco, and they said that the scheme was most idle.  Obviously something
was wrong.  To add to all this, customers report a busy signal or message,
even with 50% of the channels free on the first T1, and the second totally
free.  OK, now we got Ascend and the Telco talking to each other.  Appears
that the the Max might be rejecting calls.  Telco determines that that the
Max is replying to the Telco switch that it cannot accept anymore calls.
Now, we checked the status of the modems.  Well, we had idle modems
aplenty.  Placed the two PRIs on another MAX, loaded 5.Ap3 (t.m40), did nv,
configured it from scratch.  Same problem.  Calls connecting fine on the
first T1, no calls on the second, and after a while Busy signals again
reported from the remote client ends.  So, now it appears that it is not a
hardware issue (I hope).

Now what?

Robert